Calling All Fearless Design Leaders!
dPOP seeks a creative self-starter to join our team as a lead designer.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience leading large-scale projects for a variety of commercial clients. With a passion for provocative design + a dedication to client satisfaction, this person will be instrumental in bringing new ideas and a fresh approach to design for our clients. Exceptional client service, communication skills, and a positive attitude are required to build + foster relationships with dPOP’s amazing clients.
• Lead the design of large-scale client projects, from pre-sale through completion
• Direct the work of designers, and mentor them to continue to grow + develop through their work
• Develop expertise on projects based on varying scales of work, scope of projects, and phases of design
• Create + develop overall design concepts, formulate design presentation strategies, and lead client presentations
• Oversee the following design efforts of the design team:
o Conduct programming efforts (space planning, furnishing layout,
lighting + finish coordination)
o Develop innovative design concepts that are reflective of client goals
within project budget
o Render conceptual, schematic, and design development drawings
o Select + specify furniture, finishes, lighting, and artwork
• Serve as the primary point of client contact for design throughout entire design process
• Attend + lead client meetings
• Manage client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination to ensure all client objectives are met
• Maintain strong client communication throughout entire design and construction process
• Manage client interaction + decision-making related to design team
• Establish + maintain ongoing relationships built on trust with clients, vendors, contractors, architects, etc.
• Work with team members to estimate hours for project duration during contract development
• Ensure projects conform to contract
• Create and communicate clear, attainable project objectives + requirements
• Update leadership team on reporting and financial forecasting for assigned projects
• Finalize presentation material for initial client meetings
• Coordinate with marketing/content specialist for project documentation, including written descriptions, website review, award submissions, etc.
• Schedule + lead photoshoot direction to document projects after completion
• Knowledge of drawing design techniques, tools, and principles
• Knowledge of construction methodology, materials, and manufacturers
• Experience in both office + field process of construction
• Strong sense of urgency, and an ability to learn + act in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient task management and project management skills
• High level of motivation and passion for design
• Demonstrate ability to lead and get along with project team
• Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both verbal + written
• Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines and create next steps
• Involvement in community + industry organizations
• Ability to travel periodically
• Graduate or undergraduate degree in architecture, interior architecture, or interior design from an accredited college or university
• 7+ years of related work experience in workplace design and/or hospitality design
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), and AutoCAD
• High proficiency in a 3D modeling software, including but not limited to Revit, SketchUp, and/or 3Ds Max
• Experience in specifying furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF+E)
• Advanced graphic + verbal presentation skills, including hand sketching, required
Submit resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.